From ‘The Australian Christian Commonwealth‘ – 30 November 1917… News of the celebration of the recent anniversary of the Petersburg Methodist Church. In July 1918, Petersburg became Peterborough when the South Australian Government changed names of many German sounding places. The Uniting Church still has an active congregation in Peterborough (http://peterborough.ucasa.org.au). Happy Anniversary Peterborough
From The South Australian Methodist – 15 November 1957 News on the South Australian Methodist Society after their 1957 Annual meeting. In 1977, the South Australian Methodist Society became the UCA Historical Society in South Australia (this organisation).
From the ‘South Australian Methodist’ – 11 November 1947 70 years ago Plympton Methodist Church was getting ready to celebrate its centenary… Now known as All Saints Uniting Church regular worship (and many other groups) still happen at the site. Happy 170th anniversary!
From the South Australian Methodist – 03 November 1967 Dowlingville Uniting (then Methodist) Church was built in 1879, so 50 years ago would have celebrated its 88th birthday. Another 50 years on, and the church still has regular worship services attended by people from the surrounding farming communities (some of whom are descendants of the […]
Here at the History Centre, we have many photos that have been generously donated to the collection. Some of them are not labelled with who they are, where they are, or when they were taken. This photo is one of these. There is nothing on this photo (in a frame) to indicate who it is […]
> From The South Australian Methodist – 20 October, 1957 Sixty years ago the Spicer Uniting Church (then Methodist) Sunday School celebrated its 74th anniversary.
From The South Australian Methodist – 13 October, 1957 Times have changed – in 1957, the state Methodist Conference had papers and proceedings published in a bound book. Now, as we get ready for the SA Presbytery & Synod meeting next month, we will be downloading our papers from the Synod website, and most of […]
From The South Australian Methodist – Friday 4 October 1957… 60 years ago, Naracoorte Uniting Church (then Methodist) were getting ready to move into their brand new building. The photos are from documents in the History Centre’s collection – the ‘new’ church shown in the early 1960s from a Stewardship information […]
Here at the History Centre, we have many photos that have been generously donated to the collection. Some of them are not labelled with who they are, where they are, or when they were taken. This photo is one of these. The only possible identifying information on this one is “To Stan, with Christian love, […]
From ‘The Australian Christian Commonwealth‘ – July 28, 1916 A snippet from the report of the Gawler Circuit Quarterly meeting (held on July 1) “Number of members, 431 full, 36 junior… Sunday schools were reported on as satisfactory, special mention being made of Williamstown and Gawler West, the latter school being in need of increased […]